Saturday, January 20, 2007

Sleep deprived

Have I mentioned that I am sleep deprived? If not, I am sleep deprived. My baby is a horrible night sleeper. She wakes every few hours to eat. Now if she was a newborn this would be fine. My daughter is 7 months old. She has been waking me up three times a night for 7 MONTHS. I am sleep deprived.

I just don't have the will-power to let her cry. When she cries, I feel nervous, jittery, and on edge. Also, she is so strong willed that I am positive that she would cry for hours and hours and hours and ...

I know that something has to give, because I find myself becoming increasingly angry when she wakes me at night. It is hard to find the energy to get up with her, when I KNOW she doesn't need to eat. She is such a chubby little girl - she is 26 inches long and weighs 20 lbs!

We are currently co sleeping. In the hope that maybe I was waking her with my night movements, I tried putting her to sleep in her crib. However, she still wakes like clock work at 12:30 am, 3:30 am, and 6:30 am before getting up for the day at 7:30 am.

Since getting about 5 hours of broken sleep for the past 7 months, I have become increasingly moody. I can't help it. My head hurts nearly all the time. I am a Tylenol junky. Yesterday, my husband FINALLY agreed to get up with her in the morning. I get a few extra hours of sleep and I felt wonderful all day. However, this morning I feel like my cranky self again.

No comments: