Monday, January 29, 2007

Holy Crap!

I have the most amazing news to report. My baby only woke up once last night. ONE TIME!!! And she has slept in her crib for three nights in a row. THREE NIGHTS!!! I am just overjoyed and elated. While co sleeping, Porgie always woke at least three times a night. I have gotten so much sleep over the past three days. I feel great and wonderful and happy and alert.

Just now, like 5 minutes ago, Something really really amazing happened. I feed Porgie her bottle, but she didn't go to sleep. When this happens, I usually put her in her swing until she falls asleep. Well I was feeling brave, so I put her in the crib. She fussed around for like 10 minutes and fell asleep on her own. I am so happy I could cry. Seriously, the tears are welling up in my eyes right now.

I know that she might have regressions, but I now know that she is capable of putting herself to sleep. This is such a major step forward. I think I just fell in love with my husband all over again. If it wasn't for him, I can guarantee you that Porgie would not be sleeping in her crib. I am so weak willed, that I run to her at the first whimper. Obviously, she doesn't need me to pick her up at the first cry. Porgie never cried longer than 2 minutes, the entire weekend. Just letting her fuss for a few minutes seems to be all she needs. I am so proud of my baby!

_____________________________

I will be posting about my woes with breastfeeding in the next day or two. It is a long and complicated story, so be ready to read.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, congratulations! How exciting. What a grown-up baby. And see, husbands can be handy for some things! With more sleep I bet you'll feel like a whole new woman. We're having sleep issues right now so I'm totally jealous.

Christy said...

I have been checking out your blog, and I am surprised by how similiar we seem to be. By the way - your daughter is beautiful.