Saturday, January 27, 2007

And she sleeps... part of the night

Last night John decided to help me with Porgie. He always says to wake him if I need help, but for some odd reason I never do. But I was so exhausted that I couldn't resist the temptation.

John is so much smarter than I am. He decided that we should put Porgie in the crib, but to place her on top of my sheet. That way she would think she was on our bed when she awoke. He's a pretty smart guy. He also wanted to put her blanket in the crib. She has this small pink blanket that she likes to cuddle occasionally. Being the paranoid person that I am, I tied the blanket into two big knot, to avoid any risk of suffocation.

So, at 8:00 I took Porgie into our room and gave her a bottle. When she was completely asleep, I transferred her to the crib. Then at 9:00, john and I went to sleep. Porgie didn't wake up until midnight. I woke John and he went in to feed her a bottle. I went back to sleep. Porgie woke up again at 1:00. John went in to comfort her. I went back to sleep. Porgie woke up at 3:00. I woke John, but he said that he wasn't going to go back in until she was really crying. Porgie fussed around in the crib, without crying, until 5:00. Finally, she fell back to sleep and slept until 7:30.

This might not sound that great, but it was wonderful having her sleep in her own crib. I think I got more sleep last night, than I have gotten in 3 or 4 months. I am hopeful that we have turned a new leaf. Maybe Porgie will start sleeping in her crib for longer stretches.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I rarely wake my husband, either, even when he insists I do because he knows I need it. Instead I get mad at him for not psychically knowing I need help, or for not being the mommy who is the default care provider, or for all the injustices of the world, or whatever, or for (as this morning), having a really loud, snuffly nose.

Eva