Thursday, January 25, 2007

It's not my fault

Today is not a very good day. Porgie took a very short nap this morning, which resulted in a mean and cranky baby. I couldn't take her constant whining, so we headed out to the nearest Target Store.

I have a really bad habit of going shopping when I am frustrated or angry. Therefore, I spent entirely way too much money at the store today.

It started out innocent enough - I am just going to look, no buying. First I went to the clothing section. I saw these really cute jeans for only $16 - they were normally $27. I couldn't pass up such a good deal and besides, I need new pants to fit my new huge ass.

Next, we went to the baby section - just to look. I see this vibrating teething ring. Porgie had a vibrating teething ring, but it is broken. I showed her how the ring vibrated and she got really excited. She was flapping her arms and smiling. I couldn't resist. We got the teething ring.

We pass the baby section and start down the aisles of randomness - you know cleaning supplies, outdoor wreaths, crafts, etc. I see the scrapbook aisle and I try to pass it, but I can't. I am so weak. I quickly turn down the aisle, and I see this adorable scrapbook kit for baby girls. It was so cute and pretty, I had to get it for Porgie's baby book.

Finally, we come to the movie section. I don't want any movies, this section will be easy. What is that? Arrested Development - season 2. I do love season 1. It is only $20. So, you guessed it - I bought season 2.

What the hell is wrong with me? I not even going to tell you some of the other things I purchased. Just let me say that John is going to flip out when I get my credit card bill. It is really not my fault. I totally blame Porgie's whiny attitude. Yeah, it is definitely her fault. I don't even see how I could be held responsible for this.

No comments: