Thursday, September 13, 2007

Interview

Carrie interviewed me!

1) Before having a baby, what was your biggest fear about having a child and how did you deal with it?

My biggest fear was that my child would hate me. Of course, this fear can be traced back to my relationship with my own mother. When I think about all of the horrible things I have experienced, it motivates me to be a great mother. Sure, I might let my baby watch too much TV or eat too many crackers, but I love her wholeheartedly. I will do anything and everything to make sure Porgie always feels loved by me.

2) If you could change one thing from your past, what would you change?

I don't have many regrets regarding decisions I have made. Honestly, I feel like I have accomplished almost every goal I have set for myself. But, I do have regrets about my teaching experience in the inner city. When I left my students to move to New Jersey, I was happy, elated, and overjoyed to leave. These were children who were neglected and abandoned by their own parents, the least I could have done was feel sadness at my departure. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about them, wondering where they are now.

3) What is your favorite thing about your house?

We live in a ranch style house, so we don't have stairs leading to a second floor. That translates to no baby gates.

4) If you were a super-hero, who would you be and what would be your super-power?

If I was a super-hero, I would be The Fuss Buster. My super-power would be clearing a case of the fussies with a wave of my magic wand. I would be great around colicky babies and moody adults.

5) If you could have any job in the world, what would you pick?

I would be a wildlife rehabber. Specifically, I would rescue orphaned baby squirrels.

If you want, I could interview little old you. Just let me know...

9 comments:

Antropóloga said...

I'd love if you interviewed me! But I bet a lot of other people would, too.

It's not bad that you were happy to leave an unpleasant situation. It would only have been bad if you'd told them how you felt!

We have stairs and no baby gates. We live dangerously. However it's not like she's near the stairs unsupervised.

You could really make a lot of money as a Fuss Buster.

Anonymous said...

Great interview! Except for the squirrel part. We don't like squirrels. Especially the ones that LIVE IN MY ROOF!!

misguidedmommy said...

you can interview me

Suz said...

No baby gates. I'm envious...we had four at one point!!!

Amber said...

Great interview! I might be up for the challenge of an interview :-)

kristi said...

Oh, pick me, pick me!!

Tinkerbell said...

Great job.

Carrie said...

Good answers! Thank you for playing!

Lainey-Paney said...

if i were to have any job in the world....i'd either design wrapping paper, or wall paper.

...there are so many hideous prints out there that gave wall paper a bad name. I'd make it my personal mission to change that.

:)