Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Lately

Lately, I have been eating too much. Ice cream anyone?

Lately, I never feel like cleaning or cooking or tending to my children. The laundry is overwhelming.

Lately, I have been having trouble falling asleep at night. Bedtime is just an excuse to stare at the ceiling for 2 hours.

Lately, I have been avoiding my friends. There is no real reason for this. I just don't want to talk to anyone.

I can't wait until this month, this weather, this feeling passes. I am longing for change. Especially change in the form of sunshine and grass. That damn groundhog better have good news tomorrow.

7 comments:

kristi said...

I could not STAND months of winter. We got sleet, and later snow and we are not moving from the house!

kristi said...

We are in Texas and this weather is rare!

Carrie said...

Why don't you go get a "sunlight" bulb and "Beach day"--put down a beach blanket, set up an umbrella and chairs, play some "earth sounds" with the waves and seagulls and play pretend with the kids and soak up some of the UV's? I bet you'll feel better.

Come to think of it, I could use a day like that!

Nellie said...

I'm right there with ya. I can't wait for spring to get here.

allyk said...

I hear you. This is called stress. Too much stress. Your grandma fell. Your mom is ill and you have two small kids that keep you, uh... busy, to say the least and to top it off, the weather sucks, and sucks, and continues to suck. Continued stress will do that to your sleep and motivation. And ice cream DOES make everything better! I hated NJ for the weather alone. I got very depressed every winter.

amanda said...

ice cream? yes please.

sorry bout lately. i get it.

hoping that darling groundhog is right!

Anonymous said...

Too much ice cream?? I've been eating too much everything!! Cooking, cleaning, laundry - yeah right! And sleep....oh how I miss thee! I just want you to know you're not the only one, I totally feel your pain!!!