Friday, October 8, 2010

Just talking

Yesterday was AWESOME. The fire house trip was a huge success. It was amazing really. There was lots of free food - cookies, fresh baked pretzels, ice cream, hot dogs, hot coco, and juice boxes. The kids were in hog heaven. There was also a big bounce house, rides on the fire truck, plastic fireman hats, and a visit from smokey the bear. This event did not occur in my tiny cash strapped town. No, it was held in a fancy schmancy town about 10 minutes from my house. I have to say, those rich people really know how to throw a fire prevention party. SO MUCH FUN!

Anyways, today we are attempting to go apple picking one last time. I know that we already went apple picking, but I wanted to go one more time before the season is over. Since we were rained out last week, we are going to go today. I think I am the only one even remotely interested in this activity. I told the kids that we were going apple picking again, and Izzy started whining to go to Target instead. Porgie said she wanted to watch TV. My kids are such typical Americans.

After our crazy busy week, I think I am just going to stay home this weekend. I need some time to rest and relax.

7 comments:

msprimadonna67 said...

I wish my community would do a fire prevention shindig like that--sounds like it was fun!

Jenny said...

I wish we had things like that to do in our area...how can they not love apple picking??

Marni's Organized Mess said...

I need to check where we have apple picking. I want to go. But I want that rest way more. My husband decided on traveling this weekend. I am still torn on whether I will or not or take a much needed jammy/cleaning day.

Laura Marchant said...

I need to find a rich town like that!

anymommy said...

Fun, I'm glad you guys got to relax and have a good time.

Mary said...

I hope you got the kids out to do the apple picking again. I got to go with Claire twice in the last month for field trips and loved it!

amanda said...

yay for the firehouse!

and love that izzy wanted target instead! cracks me up!