Sunday, July 4, 2010

Independence Day!

Our city's firework display was held on Saturday night. We let the kids stay up late to watch the fireworks. I brought the camera, but suddenly it wouldn't let me take pictures. I thought the new camera my mom sent us was already broke. These were the only pictures I captured before the camera refused to work...
Do you like Porgie's spiffy new foam glasses? She thinks they are super awesome.

I got home and realized that the camera's batteries just needed to be charged. We also needed to delete some pictures from the memory card. Crisis averted - Thank Goodness!

Sunday was our city's annual 4th of July Parade. This is the first year we took the kids. As expected, they LOVED it.



After the parade, we got to play on the bouncy blow-up thingies. This was Porgie's favorite part of the day...



We had a fabulous holiday weekend. We hope you had one too:)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Great pictures...that camera is not too shabby!
The kids look like they had an amazing time!
I wish we lived in a small town like that...no parades and fireworks are way too late for Will to stay up and watch.

Alicia W. said...

That is a terrible feeling when the damn camera doesn't work. Glad you guys got it figrued out and got some great pictures of the kids. The parade has always been my favorite part.. oh, besides the FOOD of course. :)