Saturday, January 30, 2010

I am alive

Other people just don't get it. Especially husbands. They just never seem to understand/comprehend anything. I had four teeth removed on Tuesday. On Wednesday, my husband went back to work. No rest and relaxation for mama. I was taking Vicodin for the pain, but that shit is strong. I literally couldn't keep my eyes open on Wednesday or Thursday. I was a zombie. I barely remember anything from those two days. The good news is that my children are still alive.

On Friday, I didn't take any medication. And it sucked. My jaw was really stiff and the teeth adjacent to the pulled teeth REALLY hurt. I should have asked my husband to take another day off work, but I made it through the day without murdering anyone. Then my husband came home. I was pissy. He was unsympathetic. Not a good combo. His attitude really ticked me off. Additionally, he wouldn't stop fiddling with his ukulele. Finally, the constant background noise started to get under my skin. I asked him to "STOP PLAYING THAT FUCKING GUITAR!" Okay, I might have yelled it. I have to stress the fact that my husband is constantly making noise. He is like a really big 3 year old. He can't sit still. EVER. When I am feeling completely fine, he is annoying. So you can imagine how irritating he can be when I am not feeling good.

Of course, John got all mad and stormed out of the living room. A few minutes later he left the house. Umm...thanks jerk. Just what I always wanted - to be trapped in the house with two whiny children while my head is pounding and my teeth hurt.

He came back with ice cream, which would have been great if he had bought a flavor I actually like. Stupid fucking husband.

7 comments:

Chris said...

I thought it was going to be a good ending until the "wrong kind" part! Hang in there. Hope the mouth and head and husband are all better soon!

Jen said...

Husbands can be so annoying! At least he tried with the ice cream! I am glad my husband doesn't have any instruments with which to irritate me. If he did they wouldn't last long!

"Oh honey, I'm SORRY, I thought that was in the GOOD WILL pile! My bad!"

Kris said...

Aww.. I'm sorry! That stinks

Unknown said...

So sorry buddy.:(

Jenny said...

Sorry to hear about the lack of sympathy from your husband...they are good for that in our times of need...hopefully he will be more attentive today.

Feel better soon bloggy friend!

amanda said...

so i was kind of a little off when i was all - how bout you pop a couple pills for the weekend and let john fend for himself with the kids?

so sorry friend. for real. so very sorry.

hoping you took the pills anyways and he had to figure it out....

Nellie said...

hope you are feeling better now. sometimes they just do not get it do they. sorry.