Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tell me more, tell me more

My husband can be an annoying creature. He does lots of little things that seem trivial, but they drive me up the fricken wall. Don't get me wrong, John is a great guy. But he can still be annoying. Today I am going to share a few of his quirks...

1. I have a garbage can under the sink for recyclables. John seems to be completely and totally unable to place anything in this trash can. Instead, my lovely husband just piles everything onto the kitchen counter. Trash on the counters - every woman's dream.

2. John usually puts the groceries away after we go shopping. This is great, but for some reason he always leaves a few items on the kitchen table. For example, he will put everything way in the appropriate spot, but he'll leave a can of black beans and a tube of toothpaste on the kitchen table. This drives me insane. I have conducted experiments to see how many days he will let these items sit on the table. The answer is FOREVER.

3. We are living in the 1950's over here in Cakerwakerville. I am a homemaker. I do most of the cooking. I do all of the laundry. I do all of the cleaning. I take care of the children. And John works. Honestly, I enjoy taking care of the house and my kids. What annoys me is my husband's attitude about helping around the house. If I suggest that we clean the living room together, he whines and complains and rolls his eyes. If I ask him to hang a picture on the wall, he acts like I am ruining his entire weekend. If I suggest that he complete a home improvement project, he always wants to do it "next weekend." I think "next weekend" is code for NEVER.

Now it is your turn. How does your husband annoy you?

13 comments:

Nicole S. said...

Ha! Too funny and oh so true. I'm sure they have a luandry list of things us wives do that annoy them but I don't think they'd EVER trade places with us :)

As for things MY DH does that annoy me, he leaves dirty dishes on the counter. Not in the sink which is almost always empty because I am very good about putting dishes in the dishwasher, and certainly not in the dishwasher which involves actually opening the door and bending over - gah! That would be too much. So, they live on the kitchen counter for me discover them at some later time. Awesome. I'm sure there are more but I must be in a good mood because I can't think of them!

Danielle said...

Pete leaves out 50% of the groceries on the counter. consider yourself lucky! He leaves clothes everwhere, starts projects and never finishes them, and doesn't seem to see dirt or clutter.

Carrie said...

How does Zalebaby annoy me? Let me count the ways....1, one thousand, 2, one thousand.....

He's the one who is home all day. Why do I have to figure out what is for dinner and do the cooking and the shopping? Not to mention, the minute I walk in the door, the baby is my responsibility...so I do everything while he gets to relax. What is wrong with this picture? Don't answer that, I already feel like a broken record.

Jen said...

My husband annoys the crap out of me sometimes too. Mostly it's over stuff that he is overly passive about. Like, he will go out of his way to avoid conflict with people over stupid things and then allows them to walk all over him for the sake of being "nice".

He does this with housemates, employees, family AND his EX WIFE. It makes me completely NUTS.

Clare said...

hilarious!! i love all of his little quirks, my hubby is all about the recyclables on the counter. and i think they would sit there FOREVER before getting put in the recycling can!!

MommyGeek said...

Oh, where do I start?

Trash and dishes on the counter NEXT TO THE DAMN SINK.

Dirty diapers left on the floor.

Pants fall wherever he was standing when he took them off. (This is a broader space than you are imagining)

Unknown said...

The socks and beer bottles everywhere. The time to finish projects, if finish them he does. OH you know, I tell you this stuff all the time!

TEACHBROECK said...

He falls asleep at 8:30 watching a movie with me but can stay up till 11 watching football!

Stefanie said...

You had me giggling out loud! Especially on the conducting experiments part. Hubbs leaves his clothes on the ground next to his side of the bed and will leave them there FOREVER. He also will leave dishes in our home office until they start growning things in them. So frustrating! But I love him.

amanda said...

ditto on the trash. bff and i were just talking about it this morning. yes he actually remembered to take it out today - but he left the whole pile of flipping recycling?? wtf dude?

Mary said...

My biggest pet peeve is when Justin doesn't put food back in the pantry. He'll leave it on the counter NEXT to the pantry, but somehow opening the door to the pantry is too damn hard to do.

Just Jiff said...

My husband does the same thing... and we both work FT outside the home and both are going to school FT, so there's no excuse for him to try to fall back on. Last night, I asked if he could bring in the drill so I could put the damn child locks on the cabinets that I've asked him to do for weeks. He said, "You know where it is." I said, "Um, I am doing laundry and dishes and you're sitting there on Facebook. I'm not asking you to put on the locks, just bring me the drill please." Then he asked me if I was going to clean up the dog poop from the garage. I got pissed and just said, "Yes, after I'm done with the cabinet locks. Unless you want to do those while I clean up dog shit."

Anonymous said...

What your hubby does with leaving a few odd pieces of groceries out on the table Greg does with clean dishes. He will put everything away but set the tupperware on the counter above the drawer they go in or put a pan on the stove that just needs to go in the drawer under the stove. Irritating.