Sunday, November 4, 2007

Why yes, I am really boring

Porgie is on the mend. She is starting to eat solid foods again, she isn't crying nearly as much, and she is sleeping through the night. In all honesty, ear infections are a bitch. I have a new found sense of respect and admiration for the parents of toddlers with chronic ear problems. I hope we never have to experience this torture ever again.
__________

I am having a very difficult time getting my ass into gear these days. John and I can't seem to find any reasonably priced nursery furniture for Izzy. Realizing that we only have 19 days left, I have decided that we have to purchase furniture today - regardless of cost. Next week, I am going to work on finally purchasing a double stroller. And during the last week, I am going to find a bigger diaper bag for my babies. I already have a diaper bag, but it is very small. I tend to only bring the essentials - diapers, wipes, snacks, and water. But since I am now going to need to bring two different sized diapers, twice as many wipes, snacks, water, clothing (we all know how newborns love shitting all over their clothes), pacifiers, and maybe even bottles (I am planning on breastfeeding - but that is a whole other post), I think I'll need some more space. Wish me luck my dear friends - I think I am going to need it.
___________

I plan on doing a lot of posting this month. I really wanted to participate in NaBloPoMo, but I can't commit to such a huge undertaking this month - Izzy will be born in 19 days (I know I keep mentioning this, but it blows my mind. Where did all the time go?). I have lots of things I want to discuss and get your opinions on - premature labor, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, nap schedules, etc. So, I am looking forward to spending some quality time with my computer this month.

7 comments:

Antropóloga said...

Where DID the time go? That's insane. Wow. That's like 2.5 weeks!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts soon-to-be-mommy-of-two-under-two!

Em said...

Yeah where did the time go!!! Cant believe its only 19days!!!!

Suz said...

For a crib, we bought a very reasonably priced brand ($100). I think that it was Jenny Lind. It's held up well! I wish you luck in finding what you need!!

Lainey-Paney said...

good luck!

misguidedmommy said...

i only have 12 more days!!!! i bought a new little cradle today but the hubs won't put it together so i'm pouting. these last days seem to be going slow since i dont have anything left to do besides come up with something to wear while i'm in the hospital!

Greg said...

I remember looking for cribs when we had E and it was a nightmare! It is rediculous how expensive this stuff is for babies.

Good luck with the funiture/stroller/diaper bag hunt!

Only 18 days left, hang in there!

Cristina Mathers said...

the last days were so boring for me too. we watched a million movies, and i got several pedicures and did some shopping to jump start things, but that didn't work.

and honestly as i told misguieded mommy, having 2 under two is a piece of cake (chocolate cake) once you get your routine down. my 22 month old did not care about her little sis until she was about 2 weeks old and she realized that she was here to stay. but it's amazing and awesome, and tiring all in one. and i wouldn't trade it for anything.

but i think i'll add that we won't be having anymore for at least 3 years!