Monday, January 7, 2013

It's painting time again!

We have changes underfoot here in Cakerwakerville.  We have an eat-in kitchen and a dining room, which seemed a little redundant when we first moved into our house.  Our previous house did not have a dining room, so we only had one small table.  I was pregnant at the time, so we decided to just put our table in the kitchen and to use the dining room as a playroom for our future children.  Our house has been set-up this way for 7 years, and I am soooo over the playroom. 

I have grown to despise the playroom for several reasons.  1) No-one ever seems to play with all the crap we have crammed into that room.  2) It is a constant eyesore mack in the middle of our living room and kitchen.  3) I have a beautiful new table that can seat 8, but we don't have room in the kitchen to open the leaf. 

The playroom is going to the basement.  We have several rooms that are finished in our basement, so we are relocating all of the colorful plastic crap to the lower level.  We don't go down there much, so I know that the playroom has seen the end of its days.  We are still going to have toys on the upper level, put only what will fit in this cabinet (which I LOVE)...


I have lots of work to do.  I am currently repainting the room in the basement that will be the future playroom.  Then we are going to replace the carpeting.  Next, I am going to repaint the dining room.  This project is going to take several weeks to complete, but I am excited to see the end results!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

yeah to organinzing!!

kristi said...

Awesome!

Chris said...

Oooh! Looks terrific. Can't wait to see the end result!

amanda said...

you are always so good at this stuff!

can't wait to see how it all turns out!