Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Instant Gratification

I haven't had any Coca Cola Classic in 10 days, and I have to say I am a little disappointed. I stepped on the scale this morning, expecting to see a pound or two missing from the usual number. No such luck. I weighed the exact same amount as last week. WHAT THE FUCK? I was so disappointed, I almost went to the store to buy some soda.

What does a chubby girl have to do to lose some wight around here? Am I supposed to give up my ice cream too? That hardly seems fair. But I know that it is necessary. So, I am going cold turkey tonight. No more ice cream. Sniff, sniff. I officially have no vices. No drinking. No smoking. No junk food. Blah.

I have to lose some weight this Fall. I tried on a pair of my jeans from last winter, and they were TIGHT. I could button them, but it certainly wasn't comfortable. Double blah.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

ughhh trying to lose weight sucks. I'm trying right now, too -- and that number on the scale hasn't moved yet. *sigh*

Laura Marchant said...

Get your cholesterol checked...that's all the motivation I needed. My new diet sucks.

Amber said...

Good luck! I have still been stuck at the same weight even with exercising 5 times a week! It is so annoying!

Carrie said...

Give it some time Chicka! You'll get there. Of course, the question of the day is...what have you replaced the coke with?

Amanda said...

It's just not fair!

Nellie said...

Ugh. Trying to lose weight sucks. I also need to start after this baby comes. If you want a good workout video to try at home go buy The 30 Day Shred. It works and is awesome... if you stick to it. My sis just lost 18 lbs on it. I started it last November... but then went and got myself knocked-up so I stopped it. It's like $14 at Target.

Jen said...

Good work! I am proud of you! I bet the scale will move! Did you weigh yourself first thing in the morning? I threw my scale away, personally- it was annoying the crap out of me going up and down and up and down and UP.

Boo on scales.

Constance the 63rd said...

What have you replaced your soda with? Are you snacking more?

Drink water (I flavor mine with sugar free cherry koolaid) and it helps flush all that stuff out. :)

If you want exercise added, do the 30 Day Shred. I lost weight doing that. Still have a lot more to go, but I started back to school so I have less time.

amanda said...

hang in there sister! you can do it!!

but for the record i hear you on the double blah and jeans from last fall - i don't even want to try them on!!

Lindz said...

Ten days is awesome, you didn't even know you could get that far. One step at a time girl. You are doing great and I feel your pain. I worked my ass off with a trainer yesterday so much so that it hurts to sit or move today and yet the scale did not move AT ALL. Punk ass scale.

Alicia W. said...

This has got to be some sorta sick joke.. no coke and still haven't lost anything. WTF? Somethings gotta give somewhere that's for sure. Don't give up.. I'm still rooting for ya and you WILL shed a few lbs just when you least expect it to start falling off. Next thing you know your going to be walking down the hall and say.. "Hey, Is that a piece of my ass on the carpet"? "Yep, Sure is"! LOL

anymommy said...

Ice cream is so necessary to happiness. Why can't you lose weight giving up carrots? sigh.

Rachel said...

Keep up the good work. I know you love cola too..I am proud of you