Friday, September 11, 2009

I like spending money

Yesterday should have been Porgie's first day of preschool. For some reason, I pined over this missed experience. It was similar to the feeling I had when I skipped my senior prom. I convinced myself that I didn't really want to go, but I thought about it constantly that night. And so yesterday, I thought about preschool all day.

I've been out shopping for Christmas presents already. I have bought Porgie and Izzy several toys so far, and my husband wants to buy them ukuleles, so I am pretty much done with the Christmas. Everyone else gets a gift card, because I am not paying to ship a box loaded with crap to Kentucky. Shipping costs are outrageous!

And because I have a little too much time on my hands, I have been browsing for Izzy's birthday present (I realize that his birthday isn't until November. I like to be prepared!). On a whim, I bought him this...I have no freaking idea where we are going to put this HUGE train table. Right now, I have it in my basement, draped with sheets. To accommodate this ginormous table, we are going to have to do a major toy purge.

7 comments:

Just Jiff said...

Toy purges mean you get to have a garage sale! Yay! Actually, I hate doing them but like going to them. :)

Jen said...

OMG where did you get that?! It looks SO COOL!

Clare said...

very fun, bradley loves his!

Danielle said...

He is going to love that! E is getting a dollhouse for her b-day this weekend-so i had to clear some space. What's on the list for Christmas?

Mary said...

Izzy will love the train table! Claire has one and a small train set and plays with it all of the time.

amanda said...

loving the table!! i totally want to get one for beans...can we just come over instead??

Alicia W. said...

My kids would go NUTS over that train table! I love it.. I'm like you.... where and the hell am I going to put it?