Wednesday, September 23, 2009

FINALLY!

The living room is finally finished. I am still working on the hallway, which will probably take at least 12 years to complete. It is the vortex of doorways. From end to end, there are 8 doorways (which translates into 8 door frames to paint around).

But since I am done with the living room, I thought I would show you all of my hard work. My living room is long and narrow, so it is kind of hard to get a good shot. I broke the room up into sections for your viewing pleasure. Also, in the before pictures I had already taken down all the artwork, so it looks extra horrible. And please excuse all the clutter. I was not in the mood to clean before I snapped these photos.

Before...

After...
Before...

After...
Before...

After...
Before...

After...
Before...

After...
I think it looks a lot better in the new color. I was a little worried that it would "make the room feel small." At least that is what other people kept telling me. However, I think the dark color makes the room feel warm and cozy. Perfect for snuggling up in front of the fire this winter!

Before...
After...

17 comments:

amanda said...

BEAUTIFUL!! and totally warm and cozy! i will be over later with something warm and fallish to eat and drink ok?

great work friend!

mommygeekology said...

It looks great! I definitely love the color. And I noticed the new decorations, too :) Lovely!

anymommy said...

It looks fantastic. I have a very similar color in our living room. Makes me feel yummy.

Jenn said...

Looks great ..wanna come paint my house once we ever get one cause I'm sure it will need it !

msprimadonna67 said...

I think it looks great!

Marni's Organized Mess said...

I agree! It looks much more warm and cozy!

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Great job! What a big difference a different paint color can make...

Eva said...

Very classy! Doesn't look too dark at all. Sophisticated!

Rachel said...

Way to go. I can see your next job in sight-home redecorator. I love when you get the itch for a home change-because you always make it happen!!

Amanda said...

I like it! It's very similar to the colour i painted on the walls in my hallway.

Just Jiff said...

VERY nice! The new color looks very similar to what we have in our house. :)

Clare said...

wow!! i love the color, and i just love it!! It is looks like a ton of work, you should be proud mama!!

Lainey-Paney said...

I like the crisp contrast that the darker color brings. Well done!

kanishk said...

It looks fantastic. I have a very similar color in our living room. Makes me feel yummy. Domain registration india

Catizhere said...

I like, I like....
Hey, where'd didjya get those roman shades? I've been looking around for a roman shade for the front door.

Chris said...

Definitely love the new color! It looks very inviting.

misguided mommy said...

okay like a kajillion times better