I am really on the fence about starting Izzy on solids. I have composed a list of pros and cons that effectively highlights the conflict ensuing in my head.
1. Since Izzy only wants to nurse when he is swaddled and in a dark, quiet room, solids would be a great option when we are on the go.
2. Izzy would be able to go for longer stretches without nursing. Porgie would think this is delightful. She still gets upset when I nurse Izzy in his bedroom.
3. I know that all the experts say it doesn't really help, but maybe starting solids would allow Izzy to sleep for longer stretches.
1. If I start solids, my milk supply will go down. This means that my period will return. Ugh.
2. If my milk supply goes down, I might turn into an emotional baskets. Those darn hormones!
3. Izzy has food allergies, but I don't know what he is allergic too. Therefore, I might be feeding him a food he is allergic too.
4. Starting Izzy on solids means more work for me.
I am sick of being a responsible parent. From now on, I am going to let the internet make all important decisions for me. What should I do???