Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Stream of Consciousness: Part 11

My husband was out of town again this past weekend. Surprisingly, life is not much harder when he is gone. Having two kids makes the day go so fast! It seems like we get up, eat some food, go to the park, and it is time for bed.
__________

I hate my cats. They are bastards...


__________

I purchased a scrapbook for Izzy a few months before he was born. I have no idea where I put that damn scrapbook. I have searched my entire house, and I cannot find it. Is it possible that someone stole my scrapbook?
__________

Why do all of my neighbors decide to mow their lawns during nap time?
__________

We are getting a new roof next month. I am not looking forward to this home improvement project. My children are not going to be able to nap, and I am going to be quite miserable. Ugh.
__________

We look like the white trash people on our block. Our grass is out of control. It is really not our fault though. John keeps going out of town, and I cannot mow the lawn with two babies to care for. Porgie stares at the dandelions and declares that they are "pretty." I wish everyone else though they were "pretty."
__________

Izzy is 5 months old today. Isn't that INSANE? Porgie's babyhood went fast, but Izzy's is flying by at lightning quick speed.
__________

I lost about 5 pounds in the last month, through no actions of my own. This would be great, except for one problem. Remember the clothes I bought about a month ago? NONE OF THEM FIT. Since I am too cheap to buy more clothes, I think I am going to invest in a new belt.

This unexpected weight loss has motivated me. I am going to start taking the kids for a looooong walk every morning. And instead of eating two bowls of cereal for breakfast, I am only going to eat one. Wish me luck!

14 comments:

amanda said...

bad kitty.

i stole your scrapbook.

bad neighbors. we must live in the same neighborhood.

i think like porgie: dandelions are pretty :)

and happy bday izzy!!

Carrie said...

Congrats on the 5 pounds, to bad I found them and they are sticking to me like glue, they don't want go back to you.....something about cat's claws and an overgrown yard... (tee hee!)

Greg said...

There is good news. My in-laws just had their roof redone, and it only took a little under a day and a half! Hopefully it will be quick for you too.

I also say dandeloins are....well I will not say "pretty" because I am a guy. But I will say they are "nice". I say this because I hate mowing the lawn, and often have many, many, many dandelions in our yard:)

Antropóloga said...

I was totally about to post pictures of how my pets have messed up my house! Now I will wait!

We have to get our roof done. I think I am going to go stay with my mom when we do it. We need new siding, too. UGH.

C. said...

We, my dear, love and adore dandelions at Maison Dragonfly. Have you ever had dandelion wine??!

* 3 qts dandelion flowers
* 1 lb golden raisins
* 1 gallon water
* 3 lbs granulated sugar
* 2 lemons
* 1 orange
* yeast and nutrient


Pick the flowers just before starting, so they're fresh. You do not need to pick the petals off the flower heads, but the heads should be trimmed of any stalk. Put the flowers in a large bowl. Set aside 1 pint of water and bring the remainder to a boil. Pour the boiling water over the dandelion flowers and cover tightly with cloth or plastic wrap. Leave for two days, stirring twice daily. Do not exceed this time. Pour flowers and water in large pot and bring to a low boil. Add the sugar and the peels (peel thinly and avoid any of the white pith) of the lemons and orange. Boil for one hour, then pour into a crock or plastic pail. Add the juice and pulp of the lemons and orange. Allow to stand until cool (70-75 degrees F.). Add yeast and yeast nutrient, cover, and put in a warm place for three days. Strain and pour into a secondary fermentation vessel (bottle or jug). Add the raisins and fit a fermentation trap to the vessel. Strain and rack after wine clears, adding reserved pint of water and any additional required to top up. Leave until fermentation ceases completely, then rack again. Set aside 2 months and rack and bottle. This wine must age six months in the bottle before tasting, but will improve remarkably if allowed a year.

And WOOT on the weight loss. :)

Marni's Organized Mess said...

My son LOVES dandelions.

I love your writing. You know, you NEVER bore me. :)

Mary said...

5 lbs! Yay!

Anonymous said...

Amazing isn't it? On the weekends and nights when Joe works, we have our littl eschedule & we stick to it. When he's around, things get all discombobulated.

Grrr! BAD KITTIES!

I can't find my checkbook. Maybe it's with your scrapbook.


Happy Monthday Izzy!

Congrats on the 5lbs. Wish I could lose a few more lbs.
My neighbors mow their lawns at DINNER time. So annoying!

Dana said...

when I was growing up we always had cats and they used to scratch the seat by our baywindow.. my mom hated it!! Sorry!!

Amanda said...

I often get a bunch of dandelions from my kids, and they make me put them in water! But still, thats more than i get from hubby...

Danielle said...

My K students love thos little yellow flowers. That is a bad, bad kitty. Have you ever seen the book Bad Kitty? I have three bad kitties!

Mojavi said...

i hate my cats too!!! they suck!

isn't there some neighbor boy you can pay 10 bucks to mow your lawn :)

Kris said...

Sorry about the scratches! That makes me glad I keep Mumbles cut lol. Hope you find the scrapbook soon, I still need to get one :-S

Oh & that wine recipe looked interesting!

TEACHBROECK said...

my car left scratches on my new bedroom furniture...we can't find a place around here that will declaw his back claws...HE NEVER GOES outside EVER...

I wish I needed a belt he hee hee!