Thursday, April 29, 2010

I am not crazy!

I think I made myself sound like a nutcase yesterday. But there was more to the guilt than I mentioned in the post. I am also feeling guilty because I just got braces, and we now have to shell out an extra $200 per month to pay for them. Gah. Also, I had to put a down payment on my braces, so I nearly depleted our pathetic savings account. So my transgressions at the mall pushed me over the edge. Really, I am not as insane as you think I am. Okay, maybe I am that insane. Just nod your head and act like I am normal.

To redeem myself for my overspending, I refused to turn on the furnace Tuesday night even though it was unusually cold. I woke up on Wednesday morning to this...
Let me tell you, 58 degrees is super cold. Please do not attempt this experiment in your home. Brrrrr...

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Yikes! We have been having some cold weather too...but not to get that cold in the house.

Just Jiff said...

OMG! TURN YOUR HEAT ON! That could make you a nutcase! :)

Don't feel guilty for taking care of yourself. Braces are something you've needed for a long time and you owe it to yourself to do it. I feel guilty for spending money on myself too, so I guess it's a mom thing.

Why don't you have a yard sale to get some extra money? Or a bake sale? You make some awesome looking cupcakes. :)

Jen said...

OMG I have that EXACT same thermostat in OFFICE and I HATE IT. I fight with it all day long and finally have resorted to turning it off and NEVER turning it on because it makes my life HELL. However, the temperature in my office is currently a comfortable 72, not a frigid 58! MY GOB! That's colder than it is OUTSIDE!

amanda said...

uhm yes honey you are crazy.

58 is flippin cold!!!

unless you plan on whipping everyone up new blankets and stocking caps - turn on your heater!!!

misguidedmommy said...

I never got ballet pictures...what the hell did my dance place not offer them? Anyway, 58 is out of control. I wine if it gets under 65 in my house. However since I work for an HVAC company lemme give you some advice, letting it drop down that cold isn't always good because it uses more energy and power to bring it so far back up to temperature, rather then having to only turn on for a second to bump it up to say 65 and just do temp management. I never turn my house that low when I leave just for that reason. Thats an awesome thermostat though, we sell so many of them, I'm jealous, yours is even fancier then mine!