Sunday, February 14, 2010

Perception

I was talking to my cousin on Friday. I mentioned that I was going to buy my husband some candy for Valentine's Day. The following is a transcript of the conversation we had...

me - "John loves this little specialty chocolate store near our house. I am going to go buy him some butter creams for Valentine's day. I can pick out the candies he likes and get him the perfect box of chocolates."

Cousin - "Awwww...that is really sweet. So I guess you really do love your husband?"

me - "Ummmm...yes, I really do love my husband."

I know that I can be a bitch. I know that I complain about my husband sometimes. I know that I don't display lots of physical affection. But I love John wholeheartedly. It made me sad that she thought otherwise. So in case you were confused too, I love my husband.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

never confused...we all have our moments! I hope your husband enjoys the chocolates!

Kris said...

I never thought you didn't. Loving someone doesn't equal never having issues or things being perfect. I'm sorry she made you sad!

Clare said...

we know!! happy vday!!

amanda said...

not confused. not one bit.

hope he enjoyed his special treat :)

msprimadonna67 said...

I never doubted it: )

Carrie said...

I never doubted it. Where else can you bitch about your hubby but on your blog. If you didn't love him you wouldn't talk about him here.

Rachel said...

Looks beautiful..happy v day girlfriend..