Thursday, May 8, 2008

In this post, I jump around from topic to topic because I have Attention Deficit Disorder

I think removing my gallbladder must have screwed with my brain, because I am having the hardest time getting back to the blogsphere. I keep reading blogs, but not commenting. I keep starting posts, but not finishing them. I am going to blame the percocets. I think they have given me ADD. So, I am forcing myself to sit still for 10 minutes until I finish an entire post. Here goes...

My little Izzy Whizzy Woo is feeling much better. He is actually smiling and laughing, instead of crying. In my experience, ear infections are the worst affliction a child can have. I am so happy that he is returning to a normal state.

Operation "unswaddle" has been going fairly well. Izzy refuses to nap during the day, but oddly enough, he seems to be sleeping better at night. In the past 2 nights, he has only woke up twice. That is pretty amazing for my little guy.

You may be surprised to learn that Porgie will be 2 years old next month. Isn't that CRAZY? I have decided to throw her a little party this year. Because I am a Steve junkie, we will be having a "Blue's Clues" party. I am super excited. We have already purchased "Blue's Clues" plates, cups, hats, banners, and bubbles. Party City was all out of handy dandy notebooks. Needless to say, I will be going back. Because I am completely insane, I was thinking about trying to find some khakis and a green striped shirt for Porgie to wear on her birthday. How cute would that be? Just in case you were wondering, you are definitely invited to the party. I know that flying to New Jersey will be expensive, but my awesome "Blue's Clues" decorations will make it worth the expense.

I am feeling good today. I have four small incisions on my belly from the operation, but the only cut that really hurts is the one located directly above my bellybutton. Ouch! So sensitive.

And back to the percocets. I took percocets after I had Porgie and Izzy, but with this surgery, they make me feel loopy. What is up with that?

12 comments:

amanda said...

i am pretty sure seeing porgie in khakis and a green striped shirt is totally worth the plane ticket to nj!

count me and beans in :)

glad u r feeling well!

Dooneybug said...

Glad to hear Izzy is better. And I agree - ear infections are just so horrible on all involved. And totally awesome that he is sleeping better!! I'm sure you are feeling so great about that!

We're having a Curious George party over here. Junebug is obsessed with George. He's constantly asking for us to put it on (we have many episodes dvr'd so we can play them at will - spoiled kid). I know I saw those notebooks somewhere recently because I thought they were so cute but then I remembered Junebug doesn't watch Blues Clues so he wouldn't get it. But I can't remember where they were being sold.

Glad you have some good drugs to make you feel better! Hope you're completely healed up soon!!

Awake said...

Okay, hopefully, third times a charm - Blogger keeps eating my comment! Ugh.

Glad to hear the surgery went well!

THe party sounds awesome. Maybe you could have Dad dress up as Steve too? :)

Also good to hear Izzy is sleeping better. Every little bit helps, doesn't it?

Amanda said...

You sound like your feeling much better!
I'd love a trip to NJ! he-he!
Relieved Izzy has got over his ear infection, theres nothing worse than a wee one with a sore ear:(
Happy party shopping!

Amanda x

Carrie said...

Oh dear! Now I have some tough choices....Where to spend my ecconomic stimulas check? Plane ticket to NJ to see the oh-so-cute Porgie? Pay off one of my Credit cards? Throw my cares to the wind and take the hubby on a cruise? What to do?!? (tee, hee)

I'm glad to here that Izzy is feeling better.

Mama Smurf said...

It sounds like a wonderful birthday. Your daughter's a lucky girl! Can't wait to hear the details!

Jen said...

Glad you are feeling better. I HEART PERCOSET. Ha.

Poor Izzy.

WHO IS STEVE? DAMMIT IS HE ON CABLE? I TOLD ERICK WE NEED CABLE!!!

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Ha haha... I can so totally relate. I've been horrible about blogging lately. In fact, this week was all auto scheduled posts. Thank goodness for that new feature!!

Allikaye's Mama said...

I would hop on a plane for a blues clues party! Oh, yeah! I can't wait of see pictures of that! Keep poppin' those pills!

Dana said...

I'm glad to hear that Izzy is feeling better, that's great!!

I'm sure you'll get back into the Bloggy Swing.. It takes time to recover..

Happy Early Mother's Day - you deserve it!
p.s. - thanks for your sweet comment!

Antropóloga said...

Well at least post pictures!

Rachel said...

I am pretty sure you have no memory right now because of the Percoet..maybe a tad of ADD but mostly the Percs. Wow-2 Years old..how fun and yeah. I am so glad Izzy slept and you are feeling better.