Monday, December 17, 2007

I want to slap someone

This is the post where I whine and complain about how hard my life is, and you just roll your eyes and ignore me.

My children are driving me INSANE. Last night, Izzy was up every hour to feed. Then, Porgie woke up at 5:30 this morning. Obviously I wasn't going to get up at 5:30, so I let her cry. She whined for 2 HOURS. Finally, I just turned the monitor down, and went back to sleep. I woke up at 8:30, and Porgie was sound asleep in her crib. I got her up and changed her diaper, even though I really wanted to go back to sleep. I did all of this in an effort to keep her on her regular schedule, so I wouldn't have to endure any screaming.

A few minutes later Izzy woke up. We all played together for about 2 hours. Around 10:30, Izzy wanted to nurse. I could tell he was sleepy, so I put on one of Porgie's videos so she wouldn't be too noisy while he nursed.

After nursing for about 20 minutes, he was sound asleep. I slowly got up and inched over to the swing, but suddenly Porgie started shrieking for her cup of water. Izzy woke up and started screaming. I got Porgie her water, and sat down to nurse Izzy on the other side. After 20 minutes of nursing, he was sound asleep. I slowly got up and inched over to the swing, but suddenly Porgie started screaming for her blanket. AHHH! Once again, Izzy woke up crying.

I seriously wanted to slap Porgie. Instead, I decided to put her down for a nap. I put Izzy in the swing SCREAMING, and I took Porgie into her bedroom. I read one story, and put her fussy little butt in the crib. Of course, she started SCREAMING. I shut the door, and went back to get Izzy. He still screaming frantically.

I sat down on the couch, with one baby screaming in my arms and another baby screaming two rooms away. Awful morning. Awful.

After crying for 30 minutes, Porgie finally fell asleep. After nursing for 30 more minutes, Izzy finally fell asleep.

Being a mommy is tough.

13 comments:

S said...

So sorry for such a rough morning! Hopefully the afternoon will get better!

Dooneybug said...

I totally understand sweetie. I promise, it will get easier. You'll make it through. Can you nurse the baby in a different room with the door closed while Porgie watches a video or tv show she likes? That's what I try to do when I know the baby's going to want to sleep.

Greg said...

Oh man I am not looking forward to trying to handle 2 kids at once. I know you will be able to do it and things will get better!!

About our dog.....it was more that E was DEATHLY afraid of a 2 pound dog! I could handle the normal puppy things like the poop, but I couldn't handle putting E through the terror she obviously felt everytime the dog moved.

Cagey (Kelli Oliver George) said...

Dooneybug is right on. It does get easier. And who you want to slap will change from day to day! ;-)

Hang in there!

Suz said...

I'm so, so, sorry. And, with twins, I've had days like this.... many days like this, where it seems like a child is always demanding something of you and that you can't possibly meet the needs of everyone. It will get better. There will be better days.

Anth said...

*Virtual hug*

Lainey-Paney said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUGH.

I'm sorry.

Lainey-Paney said...

P.S.....

About the bottle/breast thing.

When Gage was younger, he would take a bottle from my husband easier than he would from me. From me---he prefered to drink from the tap.
:)

Rachel said...

I am so sorry. I am sure it must be so hard on you. I love that you are so honest about your feelings. You truly are a wonderful mom. I have only one child and sometimes I just feel like crying myself and hitting the wall. Kisses and hugs.

MamaChing said...

I just started reading your blog and it's nice to hear reality. I have a 2 1/2 year old and I'm 37 weeks pregnant. I'm seriously starting to freak out about two kids and your morning is a perfect example of why. I'm glad to know that if it's hard for me that at least I am not alone.

Antropóloga said...

Oh my goodness, that so sucks. That sounds totally miserable. Good thing is that you'll be the only one who will remember it. Good for you for keeping your cool. My God. I'm sure it will improve as everyone says.

Lindz said...

You mean Porgie doesn't understand not to scream when brother is sleeping? LOL Many hugs and wishes for a nap for yourself.

Em said...

Aw thats tough! can only get better!