Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pies

I love baking.  It relieves stress, distracts me when I am having a bad day, and of course, my creations taste yummy. This past month I baked quite a few new pies.  Some were a hit.  Some were not.

First up was a chocolate pudding pie.  This pie was good, but kind of boring. 


Next I made a Manhattan Mud Pie.  OH MY GOODNESS, this was a good pie.  It was chocolatey and boozy and gooey and soooooooo delicious.  We ate it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.  Heavenly.


Finally, I tried my hand at a vegan pecan pie.  Several things went wrong with this recipe.  I was missing ingredients, I overcooked the caramel, and I was talking on the phone while baking (never a good idea).  Even though the odds were against me, I thought I had pulled it off.  But I didn't.  It was awful.  AWFUL.  I never knew a pie could taste that bad.


This week I plan on making a strawberries and cream pie, which I've made in the past but never shared with you.  It isn't vegan, so I am sure lots of you will want to give it a try (it has no weird ingredients, like agar powder and tofu).  I'll make sure to include the recipe.

2 comments:

misguided mommy said...

ooo oooo do you have a good recipe for vegan chocolate chip cookies. since giving up eggs the one thing i've missed the most is a warm chocolate chip cookie HELP ME

amanda said...

dude that mud pie looks AMAZING!!!

and i have been meaning to ask/bug you about recipes - you know the bff was recently diagnosed as allergic to eggs, dairy and wheat. so i have been trying to come up with dessert options. i have found this one cake mix but it is like six dollars!! have any sites or secrets that could teach me how to make it from scratch??

ps - no pressure!!