I did it! I have a freezer nearly packed with frozen meals. I still haven't made the trays of lasagna, but everything else is prepared and in the freezer. I am feeling really good about this accomplishment. Actually, I feel like I have gotten lots of crap done lately - just little things that make me feel better and more prepared for the upcoming birth of our baby.
1. I finally bought some newborn diapers and wipes. And I had coupons!
2. I threw out all the plastic BPA bottles I had stashed away in the closet and bought 3 glass bottles to replace them. I intend to breastfeed again, so I think 3 bottles is more than enough. I do plan on pumping and freezing some milk because I will most likely be having oral surgery at the end of the year.
3. Izzy broke our umbrella stroller last weekend. I went on Craigslist and found an $80 Chicco stroller for $30. We picked it up last night, and I REALLY like it. Much nicer than my $5 Kolcraft umbrella stroller.
4. John cleaned up the basement, and now we have easy access to all our baby gear.
5. I purchased two homecoming outfits - one for a girl and one for a boy. SO STINKING CUTE!
6. I am planning a special "kid's day" celebration for the first weekend in August. This day is going to be devoted entirely to Porgie and Izzy. There is going to be presents, candy, a trip to the natural history museum, and dinner at their favorite restaurant. One last hoorah with my babies before the new baby is born.
Sure, I still have lots more to do, but I feel prepared and ready. This baby will be born in less than a month! It is mind blowing how quickly this pregnancy has passed. It is summer time and unbearably hot here in NJ, but I still love being pregnant. I wish I could freeze time, so that I could enjoy this stage a little longer. I know this last month is going to zip by in the blink of an eye. I plan to spend the last few weeks cherishing these moments with my unborn baby and my family. Because this time next month, we will have a completely different life - a new person to love, new routines to adjust to, and new sleep habits to complain about (AKA no sleep for mommy). I just want to soak up every last moment of this pregnancy.