Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Keeping it real

I think I have been giving you a lopsided view of my world. Yes, I have been making lots of crafty stuff (like my amazingly awesome sweater). Yes, I have been cooking and baking (and enjoying it for the most part). But things in my world are far from perfect. My house has been a disaster area for weeks. I just haven't felt like cleaning lately. Also, I have a HUGE pile of dirty clothes in my basement. After the whole washing a crayon fiasco, I have been avoiding laundry at all costs. So in case you thought I had completely transformed into Suzie Homemaker, think again. I am still a woefully inadequate mommy/housewife.

I feel like I really need to shape up in the mommy department. I have been very short tempered with my kids lately. Every little thing they do pisses me off. It is probably because I am too distracted with my crocheting projects and my baking to properly pay attention to them. To make up for my sub-par parenting skills, I plan on taking Porgie and Izzy to the local nature center this week.

I guess what I am trying to say is that it is really hard to be perfect. Don't let my recent posts fool you. I try hard to be good at everything I do, but I always end up falling short. Such is life, I suppose. Fortunately, these two little cuties make me continually strive to be a better person...


7 comments:

Clare said...

we are all doing our best!! as i sit here and type, there is a big list of things i still need to do today!! it never ends with these guys. my girlfriend and i were just saying last night that we can't believe how busy we are while staying at home. it is weird!!

Just Jiff said...

Well crap, there for a minute I thought I was the only one with a huge mountain of dirty laundry in my house. :)

Kris said...

:-) Here too... Except I feel behind on everything at the moment. I think its starting to show on my blog too lol. Oh well. I'll catch up someday right?

Jen said...

I hadn't cleaned my house in WEEKS (months?) before yesterday, and that was only because my mom was coming to visit. Cleaning with my son around was a HUGE PAIN IN THE ASS. I yelled at him like 14 BILLION times and felt bad EVERY TIME. It's just hard to get ANYTHING DONE with a pint-sized mess maker getting in your damn way all the time.

So, you have excuses. Valid ones.

TEACHBROECK said...

I love your honesty...makes me relate...

amanda said...

i just was having this conversation with hubby this morning - feeling like i am totally failing on the mommy front. can i blame it on the weather? i swear when the sun comes back out i will do better!

ps - they are sooo cute :)

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.