You know, life is full of annoying little surprises. These surprises, without fail, throw my budget completely off kilter. This past week has been full of unpleasant surprises.
1. SURPRISE! It turns out that I ran over a nail and one of my back tires was flat ($25).
2. SURPRISE! I went shopping at Target because I needed milk. After wandering around the store collecting things I didn't really need, I discovered that they were out of milk ($36).
3. SURPRISE! I went to A.C. Moore because I had a 40% off coupon. When I got to the register with my yarn, I realized that I left the coupon at home ($12).
4. SURPRISE! My last dentist appointment wasn't covered by my insurance ($77).
5. SURPRISE! This winter has been very destructive. After weeks of ice and snow, we have finally thawed out. And my beloved garden gnome, who we affectionately nicknamed Gnome Chomsky, was crushed by the weight of the snow ($18).
This budget shit is REALLY freaking hard. We should have all of our credit card debt paid off by July, but sometimes 4 months feels like an eternity. I want to have extra money NOW. I am so sick of talking about money and thinking about money and worrying about money. I am counting down the days until we are credit card debt free.
P.S. I won a small battle with my health insurance company. I appealed $300 worth of medical claims from November and December, and somehow, my insurance company agreed to pay these bills. YAY me!