Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Grrrrr...

Did you know that people selling/buying crap on Craig's List are mentally retarded? This excludes me, of course. Since starting my adventure to sell our crap, I have been continuously annoyed with the people I encounter on this website.

I have at least one person per week contact me about my baby bassinet. The vast majority of people send me an email asking if it is still available. I quickly respond with a "yes," but I never hear from them again. Bastards. Last week a woman contacted me about the bassinet and even picked a day and time to come get the damn thing. BUT SHE NEVER SHOWED UP. The stupid woman stood me up!

I also have my 75 gallon aquarium set-up listed. I have received several emails asking how much I want for just the tank or just the stand or just the canopy. Annoying assholes. I AM SELLING THE WHOLE THING, NOT JUST ONE PART. If I sell some dude just the stand or just the canopy, the set will no longer match and I'll have an even harder time getting rid of the damn aquarium.

And my final complaint is about other sellers on Craig's List. I am interested in buying Porgie a LeapFrog LeapPad, so I thought I would look on Craig's List. I found TWO people who were asking $40 for their used toy! $40! They only cost $29.99 brand new. Are these people on crack?

In summary, Craig's List is annoying.

18 comments:

Kate Coveny Hood said...

My husband doesn't want to sell things on Craigs list because he doesn't like the idea of the buyers knowing where we live (when they come to pick things up). Maybe he's right - if only for the fact that they might not show up.

Papa Bradstein said...

As Churchill said about democracy, Craig's List is the worst system, except all the others that have been tried.

Kris said...

That sounds rather annoying... and I was thinking about trying that place! Hmmm..

Btw... one of my inlaws gave us one of those leapfrog things.. and another had one they wanted to get rid of (one beat the other to it lol) I might be able to see if they are still looking for a home for it...

Lindsey said...

Yes, CraigsList does suck. Bad.
We had the same thing happen to us...we had someone that wanted to buy a printer...we gave them our info, set up a time and everything and those bastartds never came. I was so pissed. And we still have the damn printer.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said...

We use CL pretty often. It's a real crapshoot whether you'll find what you want at a decent price.. and if you're selling, it's almost always a hassle!

Anonymous said...

Craigs List AND Freecycle. Totally.

Dooneybug said...

I totally agree with you! Some of these people are just stupid. I once was selling a bedroom furniture set and I was constantly getting people asking me to sell this or that piece even though I stated in the sale that I wouldn't break it up. Hello! Read the damn ad! Retards.

Amanda said...

Rude Retards!
You do get some really stupid people out there!!
I love the christmas pictures of the kids.
Love,
Amanda x

Anonymous said...

I had a funny experience with craigs list too...we inquired about this sink that we liked, we called the lady to take a time to pick it up. Turns out, she hasn't even started remodeling her kitchen yet, infact she was just trying to get a "feel" for how much she could get for it. Then she asked us if we would want her to "hold" it for about 3 months and then we can come get it. Are you Farking crazy?
Have you ever read the
community" section on there? THAT will make you feel better about your life. The tards that post on that are unbelievable. I read it just to make myself not feel so bad off! LOL!

amanda said...

the only experience i have ever had with craig's list was when we sold our old jeep.

makes me sad. i miss our jeep days.

Tabitha said...

Oh goodness ~ sounds very annoying!
Wish we lived closer (ie the same country ha ha !!) ~ I have a leapfrog leappad (somewhere in my garage) ~ which you could have had!!
Take care, Love and hugs XXXX

Marni's Organized Mess said...

I agree. Completely.

Dana said...

i've never had a bad experience on Craig's List... but i know what you mean about the tons of emails with no follow ups!! that's what bothers me!!

Chris said...

I love how you tell it how it is... :) It always makes me feel better, because i often feel the same way. We've had a few people stand us up as well and I agree that it is annoying!

Good luck with all that. And I love the pictures of the kids on your sidebar. How cute!

dani said...

on the upside, porgie and izzy look absolutely adorable in their new pictures, christy:)
love,
dani
ps better luck with your buying/selling ventures!!!

Danielle said...

I could not deal with that-sounds annoying!

Clare said...

sooo funny! i love it, i haven't bought or sold anything on craig's but now i don't know if i would try:)

Stephanie said...

I don't really go on there much. But I do have to say I had the easiest time selling my truck on there. It was sold in one day. And there are people in general that are just stupid. It's their nature...ugh.