Friday, October 21, 2011

BIG boy

I took my littlest babe to the pediatrician on Wednesday for his 2 month check-up. 2 months already! That sounds so big, like he isn't a teeny tiny baby anymore. Anyways, the pediatrician we seen was an older gentlemen. And by older, I mean older than dirt. He was probably closing in on 80. He gave me lots of outdated advice, like to retract my son's foreskin, to feed my 8 week old cereal, and to drink some wine before bed (in the hopes that it will sedate my wakeful babe). Old people! They are so crazy.

So, the wee little babe is 14 pounds! I knew he was starting to look like the classic chubby baby, but I had no idea that he had basically doubled his birth weight! My boobs are amazing, milk making machines. I think my overabundant milk supply is the source of my mastitis problems. I often wake up so engorged that I HAVE to pump. I know that this is only making the milk problem worse, but I can't walk around with bowling balls on my chest all day.

Guppy is doing great. In the past few weeks, I have noticed a definite increase in his awareness. He stares at people. He coos. He smiles (but very rarely). His little personality is already forming, and it is amazing to watch him change and grow. I just love that little babe so freaking much. I want to cuddle him and kiss him and nibble his chubby cheeks all day.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Look at those cheeks! Love them! :)

amanda said...

oh my goodness honey look at him!! i want to squeeze him and snuggle him!! can i come over?

Druryyjbu said...

oh my goodness honey look at him!! i want to squeeze him and snuggle him!! can i come over?