Friday, August 26, 2011

The newest babe

Guppy arrived Thursday (8/18/2011) at 8am via c-section. He weighed 7lbs 8oz and he was 19 inches long. My smallest babe. My little runt:) The surgery went smoothly, and the baby was perfectly healthy. The whole affair was largely uneventful, and everything went according to plan. We were discharged from the hospital on Sunday afternoon and have been home resting and recuperating ever since.

My little guy is perfect in every way, and we love him to pieces! Guppy is now 8 days old, and we are both doing great. He had his first doctor's appointment yesterday. He looks teeny tiny to me, so I was a little worried that he might not have regained his birth weight. But he did! He weighed in at 8lbs 2oz. Yippee!

Nursing has been going great. Actually, it has been going a little too great at night. My baby boy woke up 4 times to nurse last night. It felt like every time I laid my head down on the pillow, Guppy was fussing and rooting around. Otherwise, he has been pretty mellow. He sleeps a lot. He also poops a lot. He likes to be held and touched and kissed, so we oblige and give him lots of love.

I couldn't be happier. Seriously! I am so in love with this little guy...




In other news, we had an Earthquake on Tuesday. What the fuck? It was so bizarre and kind of scary. And now we have a hurricane bearing down on us. AWESOME. My husband is busy storing water and food in the basement. He seems to be convinced that something bad is going to happen. I hope he is wrong.

Well, I seem to have very little time for blogging lately. I just want to soak up every minute with my little family. I know things will change when John goes back to work, and I'll be eager to chat with my internet buddies. Until then, blogging will be light over here in Cakerwakerville.

12 comments:

Just Jiff said...

He is PRECIOUS!!! Congrats, mommy!

Now quit blogging and go get some sleep! :)

(but thank you for the update! haha)

Carrie said...

What a beautiful Baby! I'm so glad to hear everything when well.

Antropóloga said...

Sooo cute! Congratulations!

allyk said...

OH, he is sooo cute!!! Congratulations!! You all look so happy, enjoy every minute. I love his little hat-I bet you crocheted that! Glad everything went smoothly. Now hopefully that hurricane will turn out to be nothing but a bad storm.

Jenny said...

Congratulations! He is such a cutie! Love his little froggy hat too.

Thanks for the update...rest momma!

Chris said...

Congratulations! Glad to hear you are all doing well. Enjoy your time with that cute little babe.

Anth said...

Congratulations Christy! He's a cutie.

I haven't updated my blog yet, but I had my baby on 8/7. One of these days I'll get around to posting the birth story.

Btw, I checked in on your blog several months ago, but it was during your hiatus, so I thought you weren't blogging anymore. I am happy to be wrong. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations CakerWakers Family!!

He's adorable. He looks like Izzy.

Clare said...

congrats friend!!! he is just precious and you are making me so so excited to meet #3 over here:) i hope you are doing OK, and survived the hurricane fine. love, c

misguided mommy said...

Guppy? I know your kids real names so I know how their nicknames came to be...but Guppy.....totally clueless.

How you doing babe? Congrats. This shit gives me baby fever. Can't wait for more pics.

amanda said...

i am still just dying over the fact that he is really here. so so so happy for you friend!! and that last picture? all sorts of awesome!!

hope you are snuggled in for the night!

kristi said...

Congrats! I rarely have time to read blogs anymore, he is beautiful!