Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Monday's appointment

Monday's appointment with the OB went much smoother. We were stuck in the waiting room FOREVER, but the doctor made no mention of my small measurement. He simply listened to the baby's heartbeat, asked if I had any questions, and then sent us off. It was glorious! I only have one more appointment before the BIG day, which is just mind blowing. At the most, we are only 8 days away from meeting this baby. EIGHT DAYS! WOW!

I am not sure if I mentioned this before, but we are having a scheduled c-section. After like 20 hours of labor, I had an emergency c-section with Porgie. The OB convinced me to have another c-section with Izzy, which probably would have happened even if I tried a VBAC. Izzy was born 9lbs 8oz at 39 weeks. Can you imagine how big he would have been if I have gone 40+ weeks? At my first visit, I inquired about a VBAC with this baby, but they said it was policy that after 2 c-sections, you are always a c-section. I thought I would be upset, but honestly, I don't really care. I just want a healthy little baby in my arms. How he/she gets here really doesn't matter to me anymore. Yes, the recovery is harder, but I know what to expect. There is comfort in that, and it gives me a sense of peace regarding the whole process.

The only thing that has been bothering me is my time in the recovery area. When I had Porgie, they gave her to us immediately. My first attempts at breastfeeding were in the recovery area right after my c-section. I thought they would do the same with Izzy, but instead they rushed him off to the nursery. I didn't get to see him for an hour or two after his birth, and when they finally brought him to my room, they informed me that they had given him a bottle of formula - WITHOUT PERMISSION. Instead of being overjoyed with my new baby, I was angry with the hospital staff. I don't want that to happen this time. I have told John that if they take this baby away right after delivery, that he has to stay with the baby the entire time. He cannot, under any circumstances, come back to visit with me. He has also been told to refuse all bottles and to constantly harass the nurses to bring me my baby! I intend to talk to the doctors and nurses before my surgery, because I have a few other requests too. Basically, I plan on being the biggest pain in the ass.

So, I am still pregnant and hope to stay that way for a little while longer. Since I scheduled the c-section for my actual due date, I REALLY need to make it to 40 weeks. Keep your fingers crossed that I can make it 8 more days.


Antropóloga said...

I hope I go into labor next week and you DON't go into labor. :)

Ebby said...

It's my first pregnancy and I'm so scared. It has been just three weeks but still my blood pressure is not stable. I don't know how you can be so chill.

Just Jiff said...

I am SO excited!! I cannot wait to see photos of your sweet little baby. :)

amanda said...

U can do it!! U can do it!!