Monday, April 8, 2013

Being fat is not fun

It is that time again.  I am going to complain about my fat ass.  Gah.  When I was pregnant with Guppy, I worried endlessly about my weight.  I just didn't want to have a ton of weight to lose afterward.  Regardless of my worrying, I still gained about 40 pounds (which, oddly enough, is the same amount I gained with my other two pregnancies). 

At first the pounds were coming off quickly, but then something happened.  Guppy wasn't sleeping.  I was stressed out and severely sleep deprived.  So, I ate some food.  And it tasted great!  I am definitely a stress eater.  I know this about myself, but I just can't stop.  As expected, I gained some weight.  And for a long time, I didn't want to talk or think about it too much.

But now?  My baby is a toddler, I am not sleep deprived, and sadly, none of my clothes fit anymore.  It is depressing, and I am ready for a change.  I've decided that I am going to start small.  I am getting rid of soda first.  I have been drinking Coca Cola like there is no tomorrow.  Hello empty calories.  Next up, I am going to tackle my ice cream addiction.  Really, it is a miracle that I am not 500 pounds.

3 comments:

allyk said...

The only thing that stopped me from stress eating was having a stomach problem. I believe the 3 cans of diet coke a day caused it - small erosions all over the inside of my stomach. I quit drinking any soda and immediately lost weight. Holy shit, I couldn't believe it. I had tried to quit that habit so many times with no luck but until it physically hurt I kept going back to it. It's been since August and I can't drink any soda because of the taste and after effects. Good choice and good luck. Be strong, the damn sugar is addictive and the bane of my fatness! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Alyssa

antropologa said...

You have done it before with quitting Coke, and you can do it again! Plus it will be better for your new teeth!

amanda said...

sugar is my drug of choice.

i have to stop.