Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Family time

After all the bitching and complaining I did last month, my mother actually did come to visit.  And she also brought my grandma!  They stayed for about a week, and it was a really great visit.  My granny is still pretty unsteady on her feet, which is heartbreaking to watch, but she was in good spirits during the visit.  I even managed to get her to a portrait studio and ordered some pictures of her and the kids.  I can't wait to get them back!

The one downfall to the visit was the sleeping arrangement.  We gave Grandma our bedroom because it is right next to the bathroom.  With her being so unsteady on her feet, I didn't want her sleeping in the guestroom in our basement.  So, my mom slept in the guestroom, I slept on a twin size air mattress (with Guppy) in the nursery, and John slept on the couch. 

The first three nights were okay.  It was cramped, but the baby and I managed to get a little sleep.  On the fourth night, my air mattress felt like it was losing air.  The next day I blew it up again, and hoped for the best.  I went to bed that night at 10pm and woke at 1am on the floor.  The mattress was completely flat.  I got up, refilled the mattress, and went back to sleep.  I woke up at 3am on the floor.  UGH.  Guppy and I did not sleep well that night.  Then, because I am an idiot, I decided that we could make it through another night on the floor (Have I mentioned that I am a cheap asshole?).  WORST NIGHT EVER.  Guppy woke up every hour.  Loooooong story short, I didn't sleep well.  But tonight is our first night back on the king size mattress I love dearly.  I am actually excited about going to bed!

So, in case you were wondering, no I did not fall off the face of the planet. 

2 comments:

antropologa said...

It's always nice to be back in one's own bed!

amanda said...

so glad you didn't fall off the face of the planet :)

and oh how i can relate - air mattress fun/drama.

there is nothing like your own bed!!