Friday, May 4, 2012

Disappointed

After Porgie's birth, I pumped exclusively for 6 months.  When I decided to stop pumping, my period promptly returned.  I nursed Izzy until he was 2 years old.  My period didn't return until he was 13 months old.  But now, despite breastfeeding my baby a million times per day, I think my period has returned.  I've had light spotting for the past two days.  I am quite miserable about this horrible turn of events.  I was really looking forward to a full year without periods. 

I think I am going to go buy myself a milkshake and piece of pie.  Maybe it will make me feel better.  Sniff, sniff.   So sad.

3 comments:

amanda said...

i was not blessed with that little break with either babe. and i nursed for 13 months the first go and 16 months the second go. mine came back w/in like 3 months after giving birth. seriously.

i will drink a milkshake with you friend!

antropologa said...

Poor thing!

Milkshakes!!!

Anth said...

Sad day!

I had a 10-month break after E, a 12-month break after Ace, but I think I had a tiny period last week - spotted for a couple of days (on my birthday no less). C isn't even 9 months yet! So rude.