Monday, December 6, 2010

Our weekend

Well, the visit with Santa went just like I expected. Izzy screamed like a maniac, and Porgie happily jumped right up on his lap. When prompted, Porgie asked Santa for a trumpet. THEN, Santa asked her what else she would like! That fat old elf isn't supposed to ask for two gift ideas. I was kind of annoyed, because we always tell the kids to ask Santa for the ONE thing they really want. So now my daughter thinks Santa is bringing her a trumpet and an accordion. Fucking Santa.

On Saturday we took a train over to Philadelphia to visit Macy's. They have an awesome light show and a neat little village of animated figures acting out A Christmas Carol.





It was a fun, but exhausting day. I didn't take the double stroller this year, and needless to say, I ended up carrying a 40 pound child on my hip for 5 blocks. UGH. But I am glad we did it. The kids also got to ride on a carousel that was set-up in front of City Hall, so that was a neat surprise. I would show you pictures, but my camera had died by that point.

Speaking of my camera, I have lost a freaking battery charger. I ALWAYS keep it on the mantel in my living room. I cleaned the mantel off last week to make way for our holiday decorations, and I have no idea where I put that damn charger. It is driving me INSANE.

Okay, that is enough rambling.

5 comments:

Clare said...

looks like a fun trip! i would love to see macys;) i have lost everything in site lately too. i lost the memory card to the camera and still can't find it. had to buy a new one. i never lose stuff! i think i just have a million things going on!!!

Antropologa said...

My kid didn't speak to Santa at all, so hopefully that will make it easier NOT to give her that remote-control car.

amanda said...

way to go santa!!

and love that you guys took the train in for a little holiday fun. you are so cool like that!

Laura Marchant said...

I am so lame in the winter. I use to go to all these fun outdoor places before kids but now it's just too much work. I need to work on this.

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Don't you love it when kids are predictable like that?

I HATE when I misplace things!!