Monday, May 20, 2013

Hi! I have missed you! Let's talk.

My kids are sick.  Blah.  I knew it was coming, because it seems like everywhere we go people are coughing.  Porgie started coughing last week, but Izzy and Guppy seemed totally fine.   On Friday night Izzy started hacking up a lung too.  And on Saturday, Guppy followed suit. 
___________

We bought all of the kids new bikes.  Originally, I bought the older kids new bikes with the hope that they would learn to ride without training wheels.  That feat is proving harder than we had anticipated.  We pulled Porgie's old tricycle of out storage for Guppy, and he loved it.  Of course he didn't actually ride on it, but he thought that climbing up onto the seat was super fun!  Thirty minutes later, my husband managed to break the seat and ruined all the fun.  I felt sorry for the little guy.  So, we went out and bought him a Big Wheel trike. It makes noises and lights up and my baby boy adores it. We never buy him anything new (the curse of being the third baby), and it felt good to buy something special just for him.
___________

I am planning Porgie's 7th birthday party.  Oh my goodness, my BABY is going to be seven years old.  It is mind blowing.  Seriously!  She is having a Super Mario party, and I am having way too much fun with this theme.  I'll take some pictures of the various Mario projects I have been working on, and I'll post them soon.
__________

We recently went to an indoor water park.  Porgie and Izzy LOVED it.  Guppy?  The child was terrified.  He clung to me the entire time, and screamed bloody murder whenever water touched him.  I have never seen a kid act so insane over water.
__________

I have been Coca Cola free for about a month and a half.  Honestly, I still miss it, but not nearly as much as I did in the beginning.  I gave up ice cream too.  Fortunately, that wasn't nearly as hard.  I have lost a little weight, which has made my summer clothes fit sooooooo much better.  I guess it was worth it.  Now if I could just kick the habit permanently, we could stop having this conversation.
__________

I got a new laptop for Mother's Day.  This is my third laptop since I had Izzy.  Apparently, I do not know how to take care of computers.  My first one was an HP, and it was crap.  I only had that one for a year.  Next I bought a Dell, which worked great.  I had it for about 4 1/2 years, but recently the entire screen basically became unhinged from the keyboard.  I don't even know how it happened.  One day it seemed to be closing weird, and the next thing I knew, the entire machine was falling apart.  This time I bought a Lenovo.  We'll see how long this one lasts.
__________

I've been having some weird period problems lately.  My poor uterus has been put through the ringer, and I think it forgot how to function properly.  Basically, my periods last FOREVER.  I've charted them for the last three months, and they are lasting anywhere from 11 to 14 days.  UGH.  My bleeding is not excessively heavy or anything, it just seems to linger for a loooooooooooong time.  I tried to schedule my annual, but I can't get in until August.  I talked to a nurse, who seemed largely unconcerned.  Anyways, I decided to try raspberry leaf tea this month to see if it helps.  I am not really a "natural remedies" type of girl, but I figured it couldn't hurt to give it a try.

4 comments:

Lindz said...

11-14 day periods? Kill me! I haven't had one in 21 months due to being pregnant and breast-feeding. Maybe I'll pump forever so I don't get one again.

amanda said...

wait 7?!?! say it ain't so mama!! that is crazy!!

Chris said...

I love your comment about Coca-Cola and ice cream and kicking the habit permanently! I agree that it. is. hard. I am the same with Mountain Dew!

Jenny said...

wow..hard to believe 7! i can't wait to see and hear about the super mario birthday party!