Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Porgie and her baby

Porgie is a great big sister.  She loves Guppy wholeheartedly.  I can always count on her to help me with the baby, which I never expected.  When Porgie was a baby, life was hard because of the steep learning curve (we were new parents and didn't know what to expect).  When Izzy was a baby, life was still very hard because both kids were so little (Porgie was only 17 months old when we brought Izzy home).  But this time?  Life is so much easier with a baby.  Instead of adding to the chaos, Porgie makes life easier.  She can carry the baby.  She can help me feed him.  She plays with him.  She dresses him up in Halloween costumes so that he can join in on the fun too...

  Guppy is very lucky to have her.  And so am I

4 comments:

amanda said...

ha! such a sweet picture!!

i love big sisters - they really are the greatest :)

Chris said...

Awww. That's so sweet. It's awesome to see the older siblings love on the little ones!

Danielle said...

That is good to hear! I hope I can say the same when #3 arrives! Though things are still very chaotic here these days.

antropologa said...

So sweet! I'm jealous!