Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Today is not good

My kids have been suffering through a nasty cold.  Although Porgie and Izzy have been sick for the longest, Guppy seems to be the most miserable.  This morning he woke up with a very red, very gunky eyeball.  I took him to the doctor, where he was diagnosed with a double ear infection and conjunctivitis.  Lovely.  We've never experienced pinkeye before, and I am shocked at how awful my baby's eye looks. 

We also had a dentist appointment this afternoon, which did not end the way I was expecting.  A few years ago, Izzy fell and knocked his front tooth out of place.  Over the years it turned grey from the trauma, but it always seemed firmly rooted in his gums.  A few weeks ago I noticed a blister on his gum above that tooth.  He claimed that it didn't hurt, so I didn't rush him in to see the dentist.  His appointment finally rolled around today, and the doctor declared that the tooth had abscessed and needed to be removed.  So, now my five year old is missing his front tooth.

It has been a long day.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Yikes! At least Izzy might be losing the rest of his teeth soon anyway... Hope everyone gets better soon!

amanda said...

dude so sorry.

hoping today has been a better day and everyone is feeling better!